- Application Deployment and Execution ServiceSee Processes section for details. Alternative operation modes are described in Configuration Settings.
- Area of Interest.Corresponds to a region, often provided by OGC WKT definition, employed for OpenSearch queries in the context of EOImage inputs.
- Application Package
General term that refers to “what and how to execute” the Process. Application Packages provide the core details about the execution methodology of the underlying operation that defines the Process, and are therefore always contained within a Process Description. This is more specifically represented by a CWL specification in the case of Weaver implementation, but could technically be defined by another similar approach. See the Application Package section for all relevant details.
Amazon Web Services
- Command Line InterfaceScript that offers interactions through shell commands or Python scripts to execute any described operations. Details of the provided Weaver commands are described in Weaver CLI and Client chapter.
- Representation of the internal Application Package of the Process to provide execution methodology of the referenced Docker image or other supported definitions. A Common Workflow Language file can be represented both in JSON or YAML format, but is often represented in JSON in the context of Weaver for its easier inclusion within HTTP request contents. See Application Package section for further details.
- Data Source
Known locations of remote servers where an ADES or EMS (either Weaver or other implementation) can accept Process deployment, or any other server supporting OGC API - Processes with pre-deployed Process, where executions can be dispatched according to the source of the data.
Refer to Configuration of Data Sources and ADES dispatching using Data Sources sections for more details.
Containerized and isolated environment platform that allows all required dependencies of an application or software to be packaged in a single image in order to correctly execute the virtualized application.
Ontology that regroups multiple definitions, amongst which Weaver looks up some of its known and supported MIME-types (EDAM media types) when resolving file formats. It is used as extension to IANA media types by providing additional formats that are more specifics to some data domains.
- Execution Management ServiceSee Processes section for details. Alternative operation modes are described in Configuration Settings.
- Earth Observation ImageInput that interprets additional parameters in order to infer specific images applicable with filters following search results within a remote catalog.
OpenSearch Data Source section.
- Hyperlink ReferenceOften shortened to simply reference. Represents either a locally or remotely accessible item, such as a file or a Process depending on context, that uses explicit
<protocol>://<host/path>representation to define its location. See also File Reference Types for typical examples.
- See Processes section for details. Alternative operation modes are described in Configuration Settings.
Inputs and/or Outputs of CWL and/or WPS depending on context.
Ontology that regroups multiple definitions, amongst which Weaver looks up most of its known and supported MIME-types (IANA media types) when resolving file formats.
Definition of a Process execution state with applicable operation metadata.
- Key-Value PairsString representation of a set of key-value pairs, usually but not limited to,
=character separating keys from their values,
,for multi-value (array) definitions, and another separator such as
;to distinguish between distinct pairs. Specific separators, and any applicable escaping methods, depend on context, such as in URL query, HTTP header, CLI parameter, etc.
OpenAPI Specification (OAS) defines a standard, programming language-agnostic interface description for HTTP APIs. It is used in Weaver and OGC API - Processes to represent API definitions for requests and responses, as well as I/O definitions for Process description.
- OGC API - Processes
The new API that defines JSON REST-binding representation of WPS Process collection.
Protocol of lookup and retrieval of remotely stored files. Please refer to OpenSearch Data Source for details.
Entity that describes the required inputs, produced outputs, and any applicable metadata for the execution of the defined script, calculation, or operation.
Entity that offers an ensemble of Process under it. It is typically a reference to a remote service, where any Process it provides is fetched dynamically on demand.
- Request Options
Configuration settings that can be defined for Weaver in order to automatically insert additional HTTP request parameters, authentication or other any relevant rules when target URLs are matched. See also Configuration of Request Options.
Simple Storage Service (AWS S3), bucket file storage.
- Time of InterestCorresponds to a date/time interval employed for OpenSearch queries in the context of EOImage inputs.
- Unit of MeasureRepresents a measurement defined as literal value associated with a specific unit that could take advantage of known conversion methods with other compatible units to obtain the equivalent value. These values are transferred to the Process as specified, and it is up to the underlying Application Package definition to interpret it as deemed fit.
Secured storage employed to upload files that should be temporarily stored on the Weaver server for later retrieval using an access token.
Well-Known Text geometry representation.
A specific variant of Process where the execution consists of nested Process executions with input/output chaining between operations.
Refer to Workflow, Workflow Step Operations and CWL Workflow sections for more details.
- Web Processing Service.From a formal standpoint, this is the previous OGC standard iteration that was employed prior to OGC API - Processes to represent a server that host one or more Process for execution. When compared against CWL context or generally across Weaver documentation and code, this term refers to attributes that are specific to typical Process description, in contrast to specialized attributes introduced by other concepts, such as for example CWL-specific implementation details.
Alias employed to refer to OGC API - Processes endpoints for corresponding WPS definitions.
Alias employed to refer to older revisions of OGC API - Processes standard. The name referred to WPS Transactional operations introduced by the RESTful API.
- Extensible Markup LanguageAlternative representation of some data object provided by the application. Requires appropriate
Acceptheader to return this format. See OpenAPI Specification for details.
- YAML Ain’t Markup LanguageYAML is a human-friendly data serialization language for all programming languages. It is employed in Weaver as an alternative and equivalent representation of JSON format, mostly in cases where configuration files are defined to allow the insertion of additional documentation details.